Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN deployment breadth (Quick Poll)

From: Doug Kahn <kahnd () SUNYSUFFOLK EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:18:41 -0400

Andrew,

At SCCC we automatically grant VPN access to all employees.  They get
access to their 'My Documents' folder and any server folders they have
rights to.  Smaller populations within IT have secure access to systems
they administrate.  For instance, those who operate our Tandberg video
conferencing system can remotely access the TAM units from their VPN
connection.

As employee status changes (e.g., transfer or separation from SCCC) the
access rights are changed.  We get this information from HR as we do for
all other on campus system access changes.

Regards,

Doug