Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cyber-Bullying

From: "Gioia, Matthew P." <MGioia () STLCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:57:59 -0500

Agreed. Just because it can be done on a computer/electronic device
doesn't make it an IT problem. The same thing applies to "time stealing"
and IP issues around online course materials. Generally everyone already
has policies around undesirable behavior, IP created by staff and misuse
of organizational time. Not that IT doesn't have a role to play - we do
- but use of technology does not mean the responsibility for creating
and policing these policies shifts from
leadership/management/supervisors to IT staff.

Regards,

Matthew Gioia
Network Security Analyst
Technology and Educational Support Services
St. Louis Community College