Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Web site security scanning/"certification" services?

From: David Curry <david.curry () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:01:55 -0400

Hi,

Do you use a web site security scanning service such as McAfee Secure on
your public-facing websites? If so:

- Which service(s) do you use?
- Are you happy with them?
- Do they offer a "seal" (little graphic that you display on the site)?
- If they do offer a seal, do you display it? Why or why not (just
curious)?

Years ago there used to be just a few of these services, but now that PCI
scanning is big business, there's a gazillion of them and it's tough to
separate the wheat from the chaff.

Please note that I am NOT asking about website security scanning software;
that's not what we're interested in at the moment.

Thanks,
--Dave

--

*DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP* • DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

*THE NEW SCHOOL* • 55 W. 13TH STREET • NEW YORK, NY 10011

+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.curry () newschool edu