Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Acquiring/Capturing Memory

From: Louis APONTE <LouisAponte () WEBER EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 12:34:08 -0600

Lance

I do not have much occasion to capture memory outside of a wayward process misbehaving or failing. The activity monitor
feature where you can pick the process and then sample a particular PID in memory really works well.  It is limited to
a few hundred samples with a millisecond between samples for about 3 seconds. I do not think this is what you are
looking for, but it may help someone else supporting Macs. I think it was available pre Mt. Lion but I won't swear to
that.

insert quaint colloquialisms here

Louis Aponte

Weber State University

On 5/10/2012 at 11:58 AM, in message <96E1873B248FB94186723C4B09BCB97E68FA67 () lapis1604 UTSARR NET>, Lance