Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Penetration Testing vs the academic world

From: Leandro Quibem Magnabosco <leandroqm () GMAIL COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:24:11 -0200

2012/1/12 Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:37:27 -0200, Leandro Quibem Magnabosco said:

First I would like to know if any of you are academics, then ask you what
you know about the subject of Penetration Testing on the academic world.

I suspect most of us work at universities, but are *not* academics.  For
instance, I don't teach - I worry about providing secure network backup and
storage for the central IT and HPC services of a $1B/year organization with
12,000+ employees that spends 35% of its budget on R&D. ;)

Thank you for your reply.
If you find yourself qualified to answer the question, please go ahead.

What I intend to do is to find out what topics are subject to further
development by the academia so I can contribute in my thesis.

If anyone can help me enlighten that path, please do.

Leandro Quibem Magnabosco.
leandroqm () gmail com