Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New Account Information Distribution

From: Adam Nave <nave () MACALESTER EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:29:03 -0600

We're in a similar position and I would be interested in hearing other
people's solutions.

--Adam

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Self, Dennis <dlself () samford edu> wrote:

 We are looking for an efficient, secure means to distribute new account
information to our constituents.  Today we snail-mail letters with a
temporary password to a setup system where the user can set their usable
password.  If you have a solution that has worked well for you and is
strong in security and identity verification, would you reply to me
directly, please?

  Dennis Self
Director, IT Security & Compliance
Technology Services