Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Laptop whole disk encryption

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:44:53 -0400

We are using Enpoint protection from Symantec -- we liked it when it was GuardianEdge before Symantec bought the
company :-)

YMMV

Joel

--On Monday, March 19, 2012 5:33 PM +0000 Paul Crittenden <paul.crittenden () SIMPSON EDU> wrote:

We currently use McAfee's Safeboot/Endpoint Encryption software to encrypt our users laptops. Our PC Hardware folks do
not like McAfee, we did when it was
not owned by McAfee but you know how that goes.

Anyway, I have been tasked when helping to find a possible replacement. What software package are you using to encrypt
your users laptops. Or for that
matter, if you are not, what is your rational.

Thanks,

Paul Crittenden
Computer System Manager
Simpson College
Indianola, IA
direct: 515-961-1680
www.simpson.edu

Joel Rosenblatt, Director Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel
Public PGP key
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90BD740BCC7326C3