Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Impersonation/Shadowing and Data Security

From: "Norman, David" <DNORMAN () BENTLEY EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:06:48 -0500

All,

We have a request to provide a student impersonation/shadowing capability for university staff in several offices as a
means of "seeing what they see" when a student or applicant calls with a question about our student portal.  This
capability would allow staff to log in as the student and troubleshoot, with access to all personal student data on the
system.  I was curious if other schools have implemented anything like this in their student portals, and what
additional data security/auditing measures might have been taken.

Thanks

David

David Norman Director of Administrative Computing, Bentley University