Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: InCommon 2-factor Authentication Survey

From: Edward Feustel <efeustel () CS DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:44:06 -0400

On 10/17/2011 3:55 PM, Steve Olshansky wrote:
InCommon is conducting a survey on the use and application of 2-factor authentication on our campuses.  The focus of
the survey is to better understand the existing and potential future use of this technology at our institutions. The
overall goal is to assess the possibility for services that InCommon might be able to develop in this space.

If your school presently uses 2-factor authentication or if you have in the past even considered a potential
deployment, please take 10 to 15 minutes to fill in the survey at the link below.

The results of this survey will help guide the work and priorities of InCommon.

Survey Link:    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BJKZKHH
For a preview, you can download a PDF of the survey contents from
        http://www.incommonfederation.org/cert/doc/InCommon-2-Factor-Survey.pdf

Thanks in advance.
        Steve

--
Steve Olshansky
Director, Federated Technologies, Internet2

Steve,
This is important for Policy Decision Points and Policy Enforcement Points in a policy based authorization system. If the Policy Enforcement Points are net connected to the applications that they provide enforcement for, mutual authentication will be
important for their development as well.

Ed Feustel
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science
Dartmouth College