Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Sign up by January 20: SANS NetWars Continuous Play (EDU Partnership Offering)

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:24:56 +0000

Good afternoon! In order to offer a SANS NetWars Tournament at the 2012 Security Professionals Conference (May 15-17 in
Indianapolis), we need to guarantee at least 150 participants in the NetWars Continuous Play challenge. We’re half-way
to meeting our goal and we’ve seen a surge in enrollments recently. (Thanks to everyone who has already signed up!)

Please note that the enrollment period has just been extended through Friday, January 20, 2012. We encourage you to
take advantage of this great offer. For more details, see below (or attached). You can also hear a recorded webcast
with Ed Skoudis talking about NetWars: https://www.sans.org/webcasts/netwars‐presentation‐ed‐skoudis‐94699

EDU (Partnership) Offering ‐ Scope and Plan
* NW “Continuous Play” Partnership Program sponsored by REN-ISAC at special discount
* $700 for EDU Staff, Faculty and Undergraduate Students (list price is $1,999)
* Must be an undergraduate student, or employed by school, state or local government.
* Purchasing window is for November 1 ? January 20, 2012.
* If we get 150 paid participants, SANS will run a NW Tournament at the EDUCAUSE Security conference in Indianapolis on
May 15 (most likely in the afternoon)
* For Tournament play, SANS will offer prizes.

Quick Registration Steps:
1. Register online: (https://www.sans.org/registration/register.php?conferenceid=25000)
2. Use special discount code (DG-NW-EDU) to reduce price from $1,999 to $700
3. Must complete between Nov. 1 and Jan. 20, 2012
4. Payment required within 30 days of order.
5. Training is delivered upon payment, usually within 14 days unless otherwise requested.

Please share this information with anyone on your campus who might be interested.
Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie M. Vogel
Program Manager, EDUCAUSE