Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA and NAT

From: Daniel Bennett <dbennett () PCT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:52:33 +0000

We had a very large number of DMCA/RIAA notices a few years back at the end of a Spring semester.  The decision was
made to make a best effort attempt to block P2P traffic and we have gone years without a DMCA notice from the RIAA.  We
decided that the abuse of P2P traffic at our university far out weighed the good uses.