Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sharing PII information with 3rd parties (encryption)

From: David Curry <david.curry () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:36:59 -0500

We use Biscom Delivery Server to send confidential information both between
different offices of the university as well as between the university and
third parties.

It's one of those systems where you sign in and use a webmail-like
interface to create a message to the recipient(s) and upload the files you
want to send; it then sends an email to the recipient with a link that he
or she can use to log in and download the files. It's got auditing and
encryption and linkage to Active Directory and all those good things.

--Dave

--

*DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP* • DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

*THE NEW SCHOOL* • 55 W. 13TH STREET • NEW YORK, NY 10011

+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.curry () newschool edu