Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cisco ASA VPN - Windows7 pre-login drive mappings

From: "Reynolds, Walter" <waltr () UMICH EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 13:23:05 +0000

We do not have it set up to boot at start, but I can answer the SSL question.

There are two options.  Anyconnect Express is only a few hundred dollars, but is only for the SSL client based option.
The Anyconnect Pro is the clientless setup and the fee on that is more than the ASA itself if I remember.  This is the
one that will allow more end user checks and clientless connections.

For the most part the config is the same, but you define if you are using the IPSec client, SSL clien or SSL clientless.

There is a ssl config section to define what version of anyconnect you have, if it remains installed on the computer
and a few other items.

Walt Reynolds
University of Michigan