Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Retention Policy

From: "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" <mschalip () CNM EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:10:05 -0600

We'd be interested in hearing more as well....I'm still trying to figure out what State or Federal laws or regulations
drive these kinds of institutional policies....??  Some states seem to have these kinds of policy drivers - but, what
are others leaning on to make these kinds of decisions?  Or are folks just establishing policy based on "best
practices" or "trying to do the right thing"....??

Christopher Jones <Christopher.Jones () UFV CA> wrote:

We are in the process of developing a formal email retention policy.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone
willing to share their experiences and challenges in creating such a policy.  In particular, it would be great to hear
from other Canadian universities about creating such a policy in view of FIPPA/FOIPOP/PIPEDA regulations.  Thanks.

Regards
Christopher Jones
IT Security Administrator
Information Technology Services
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road
Abbotsford, B.C.  V2S 7M8
604.854.4566
Christopher.Jones () ufv ca<mailto:Christopher.Jones () ufv ca>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CC9485.363ED370]

--
dangerous content by MailScanner<http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.