Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Academic Health Centers and cloud security issues.

From: David Grisham <Dgrisham () SALUD UNM EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:49:41 -0600

We are starting to receive requests from departments to move storage to the cloud. I have found a number of good
articles on cloud security. Not too many specifically for healthcare components. Medical information in the cloud has a
number of issues that would be completely different from non-healthcare components of our academic health center.
Has anybody already implemented parts medical information in a cloud? Would you be willing to share  your requirements?

Cheers --grish
David D. Grisham, Ph.D.,  CISM, CHSP
Manager, IT Security,
UNM Hospitals, IT Division
Suite 3131
933 Bradbury Drive, SE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
Ph: (505) 272-5657
Department FAX 272-7143, Desk Fax 272-9927
Work email:  dgrisham () salud unm edu
Adjunct Faculty, Computer Science, UNM
Academic & personal email:  dave () unm edu