Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Eduroam Restrictions

From: Keir Novik <novik () SFU CA>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:30:08 -0700

We provide the same access as our other wireless networks (minimal restrictions).

Regards,
Keir

--
Dr. Keir Novik / Network Security Analyst, Simon Fraser University

On 2011-07-20, at 12:36 PM, David Treble wrote:

I'm interested in hearing from those who have joined Eduroam and getting
feedback on what services you have made available to Eduroam guests.

The common general FAQ states:

##

What are the restrictions of eduroam?

The network restrictions placed on "eduroam" is at the discretion of the
institution providing the service. At the very minimum, "eduroam"
provides basic network connectivity for web browsing (HTTP), secure
shell (SSH) and VPN only. There is no guarantee that "eduroam" will
provide the same access to resources as the home or visited
institution’s standard wireless networks.

##

Are any of you opening up more services or sticking with the minimum
HTTP/SSH/VPN only?

http://www.eduroam.org/
http://www.eduroamus.org/

Cheers!