Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI Processing Practices

From: Roger A Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:15:51 +0000

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Joel Rosenblatt
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 2:14 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] PCI Processing Practices

Hi,

Our policy

<http://policylibrary.columbia.edu/ecommerce-electronic-protection-credit-
card-holder-information-policy>

states that all PCI transactions must be outsourced, however that does not
get you off the hook for PCI compliance if your University owns the MIDs for
the accounts or acts as agents (enters the CC number for others - i.e. Mail
order/Telephone order (MO/TO) transactions.

Thanks,
Joel

--On Friday, September 30, 2011 6:41 PM +0000 "Paula E. Johnson"