Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FW: process for creating Information security policies and guidelines

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:28:43 -0400

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:00:03 CDT, Drew Perry said:

*However, the best "rider" we could have thought to tack on was the ability
of the university president to approve changes or additions once the
policies were approved, without the need of the board's approval. Talk about
a time- and headache-saver.*

Like I said in my posting - we did that with our AUP in the late 90s, and it's
only needed 2 revs (the most recent in 2002).  Having the nuts-n-bolts in a
'Guidelines' has been a lifesaver - probably the single most brilliant thing
Randy has ever come up with. ;)