Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Guest WiFi Access

From: Alexander Kurt Keller <alkeller () SFSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 19:02:52 +0000

We have started using the Panduit RJ45 Plug Lock-In Device (http://www.panduitproducts.com/catalog/model_PSL-DCPL.htm)
to prevent students from unplugging equipment and commandeering publically exposed Ethernet jacks. Of course we aren't
counting on this as a security measure (they are easily circumvented), but we find it prevents the casual "borrowing"
of the jack.

Best,
alex

Alex Keller
Systems Administrator
Academic Technology, San Francisco State University
Office: Burk Hall 155 Phone: (415)338-6117 Email: alkeller () sfsu edu