Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

AD Security Audit Tools

From: Philip Webster <p.webster () QUT EDU AU>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 15:45:09 +1000

Hi,

We're looking to perform an automated security review of our Active
Directory installation, and in particular would like to identify good
practices, compliance with standards and best practice, and anywhere
that improvements are required or recommended.

We are evaluating SekChek, Gold Finger, and Quest Reporter, and are
interested in anyone's experience in these or other such tools. We're
not looking at a monitoring or real-time auditing tool, but rather a
point-in-time assessment.

Thanks!
--
Philip Webster
Senior IT Advisor | Assurance and Risk Management Services