Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Tomorrow (April 28): Examining the Current State of Mobile Security with EDUCAUSE

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:54:59 +0000

Join us tomorrow, Thursday, April 28, for day 4 of the EDUCAUSE Mobile Computing 5-Day Sprint
(http://www.educause.edu/resources/mobile). Thursday's activities will focus on security, privacy, and policy issues
related to mobile computing.

Thursday's Overview
Information security takes on new dimensions in a mobile context. Protection of sensitive data, IT systems, and user
privacy requires different strategies. Given the limited control colleges and universities have over the mobile devices
and apps on campus, what solutions can institutions find-in technology or policy-to the issues of mobile security?
Bring your experiences and ideas as we examine the current state of mobile security, anticipate what's coming, and
explore effective practices.

What Is the 5-Day Sprint? A free, weeklong online experience. Join us April 25-29 for this focused learning opportunity
on one of the top IT issues in higher education today-mobile computing.

How Do You Participate? Visit the website (http://www.educause.edu/resources/mobile) throughout the week. The 5-Day
Sprint is a build-your-own experience. Read and comment on resources, take part in web seminars, expert Q&A sessions,
and discussions in our IdeaScale forum, all accessible from each day's web page.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie M. Vogel
Program Manager, EDUCAUSE