Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: How secure is Apple's iCloud?

From: "McClenon, Braden" <mcclenbw () ONEONTA EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 06:32:03 -0700

I think the only real solution here, unfortunately, is user education against putting PII information up in “the cloud”
unless your institution sanctions a particular service.   There are so many different “cloud storage” offerings
(Amazon, Microsoft Live, Google… to name a few) that trying to keep up with their terms of service and security
measures is going to be a big game of “wack-a-mole.”

Brady McClenon
Senior Server Administrator
SUNY Oneonta
607-436-3203

"My pontifications are much too deep to fit inside a fortune cookie." - Confucius' brother