Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Has your Controllers Office ever been spear phished?

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:25:28 -0500

Try asking the anti-phishing-email-reply-discuss () googlegroups com or the hied-emailadmin () listserv nd edu lists.

Jesse

On 5/26/11 3:11 PM, Bob Bayn wrote:
I'm looking for examples of spear phishing directed at University targets, especially their Controller's Office.

I have an opportunity to do some in-depth training with this group and want some examples that they will relate to, and
recognize some precedent for the fact that they could be targeted.  I am looking for attempts, not necessarily
successes by the phisher.

Bob Bayn       (435)797-2396        Security Team
            We will never ask for your password in an email
Be an Internet Skeptic!  There's nothing really free on the 'net
Office of Information Technology     at    Utah State University
     http://tinyurl.com/bicyclists-share-kidneys-v2-0