Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Wanted: Powershell Expert for Workshop

From: "Semmens, Theresa" <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:49:34 -0700

Hi,

The University System has mandated that all institutions migrate employees to BPOS and students to Live for e-mail and
calendar service.  NDSU is almost complete with the transition.  However, many of the tasks for maintenance of accounts
and users requires Powershell.  Knowledge, at best, is at beginner or intermediate level, and for some tasks, this is
not adequate.  Many of the other institutions within the university system are finding they have similar issues.  I've
been delegated with the task of securing an expect willing to provide a one day or two day workshop for approximately
10-15 people.

I forgot to add, the university system is also migrating all of its institutions to AD - powershell will be needed for
this as well.

Is there a fellow Higher Ed person who is well-versed in Powershell who is willing to travel to happy, sunny Fargo,
North Dakota during the month of June to do this?  We would pay for your travel and lodging, and if not too expensive,
a stipend for your efforts.  Or, if you are able to recommend someone, that would be awesome as well.

Theresa

Theresa Semmens, CISA
Chief IT Security Officer
North Dakota State University
IACC 210D
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108
Phone: 701-231-5870
Cell Phone: 701-212-2064
Fax: 701-231-8541
Theresa.Semmens () ndsu edu

Security is a process, privacy is a consequence
Security is action, privacy is a result of successful action
Security is the strategy, privacy is the outcome
Security is the sealed envelope, privacy is the successful delivery of the message inside the envelope
                                                        ~ Kevin Beaver & Rebecca Herold