Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: McAfee Agent with Students

From: "Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC)" <Nathan-Gibson () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 16:17:03 -0500

We don't use the agent with students. Since their machines are not part of AD they just end up in the lost and found
and clutter up EPO. We only want things we directly manage and are responsible for showing up in EPO.

Otherwise your compliance stats will be all crazy looking as the machines may not talk to the EPO server for months.