Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Institute for Computer Policy and Law 2011

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:19:03 -0400

The EDUCAUSE/Cornell Institute for Computer Policy and Law this year has an outstanding line up of speakers, sessions,
and events to which we invite you to attend.  <ICPL.cornell.edu<http://ICPL.cornell.edu/>>  The dates are noon July 18
to noon on the 21.

Our overall theme is technology and student life.  In that realm we are featuring Cornell University Vice President of
Student Academic Services, Susan Murphy, together with other student life and mental health professionals, to help us
understand better how proactively to prepare and educate students to use technology appropriately both in their
personal and academic life.  Student panelists will offer their perspectives on how technology shapes the collegiate
experience.

To complement that theme, privacy expert Dan Solove will give a keynote about on-line identity and Internet reputation.
 In the area of information management, he will devote a separate full session to privacy assessment, policies, and
practices.

Other known leaders in higher education whose names you will recognize include John King and Jack Bernard of Michigan,
Susan Perry of Mellon, Cynthia Golden from Pitt, Peggy Plympton of Lehigh, and Jonathan Lazar of Towson.   ICPL would
not be the same without our standing star, Steve McDonald, who will be joining us for his 16th year!  Steve Worona and
I will undoubtedly throw in a word or two while facilitating comments and conversation.

ICPL this year has something for everybody: CIOs who seek the big picture and want to counsel colleagues about
technology and student life; senior staff tasked with creating a privacy program to complement their security
initiatives.  Susan Perry will be providing an international perspective on library, faculty and IT issues.   Jack
Bernard and Jonathan Lazar will bring us up to date on accessibilities issues, and Steve McDonald will keep us current
on Internet Law.

If you have been to ICPL before, everything is new, so you will want to attend again; if you have never been before,
now is the time.  We look forward to hosting you!

For more information about the program:  <http://www.sce.cornell.edu/exec/programs.php?v=CPL&s=Schedule> or
registration (early bird to May 19) <http://www.sce.cornell.edu/exec/programs.php?v=CPL&s=Registration>, or how ICPL
can serve you, give me call.

Tracy Mitrano