Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Self-encrypting hard drives for Macintosh

From: "Flynn, Gary - flynngn" <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:20:05 +0000

Thanks, Rich. Do you know if the drives can be used without an enterprise
management package like WinMagic? Just to get us started in a few select
areas.

The drives are part of our campus standard Dell laptop package for Windows
and we just tested the desktop version thinking we'd make them part of our
standard desktop package too. We'd heard they were supported on Macintosh
but never talked to anyone that had actually made it work. I'd like to see
all storage manufacturers include the feature making all our lives easier
and data more secure.