Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Patch management

From: Maria Peluso <mpb () UMN EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:27:14 -0600

Hi,

We ran CSI in house for a while and realized the benefit.  We are now
going with the 4.0 CSI (cloud) version and just planning the roll out
via AD\WSUS. This time around, we'd like to have it more tightly
controlled tho such that we get more consistent reporting from it.
We're very interested in the reporting/monitoring capabilities of CSI
which seems to compliment config manager and AD well.  Check back in a
few months for an assessment.  And yes, this is going to be
interesting!

Maria

Maria Peluso
University of Minnesota
Office of Information Technology, Security & Assurance