Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Remote Desktop Policies

From: "Webb, Justin" <justin.webb () MARQUETTE EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:43:38 +0000

Hi All:

                We are in the process of reviewing our policies regarding Remote Desktop and I am curious how other
institutions are handling this. Do you allow it at all, or with qualifications (must be VPNed in), and do you use a
software suite (Citrix, e.g.), or RDP (or VNC,  the like)? Also, do you require some sort of sign-off before access is
given, from a supervisor, or the employee themselves? Lastly, do you use RDP for remote support and allow local admin
access to the machine? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Justin P. Webb, GCIH
Security Analyst
IT Services, Marquette University
414-288-4196
justin.webb () marquette edu<mailto:justin.webb () marquette edu>