Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SANS FOR558: anyone hosting?

From: Sam Hooker <samuel.hooker () UVM EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:23:35 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm pretty keen to take SANS's FOR558 ("Network Forensics")[1] early in
2011, and before I go lining up a week in NYC or NOLA for one of their
training events, thought I'd ask if anyone's planning on hosting it on
their campus. (Or, perhaps, if there's enough interest that we should
consider running it here at UVM[2].)

I ask mainly because it was within a week or so of my full-price
enrollment in SEC560 at SANS2010 that Randy Marchany posted that VT was
offering it there at around $800. The SANS2010 conference was great --
I'd highly recommend going -- but savings in the training budget are
always appreciated.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you're eying FOR558 (and include
"FOR558" in the subject so I can find these messages easily); if we hit
the threshold (100? 150? I forget) by the close of business next Friday
(1630EST 20101217), I'll look into whether we can host up here. I'll
also play Cruise Director Julie McCoy and say, "Please indicate in your
email whether you've always wanted to come to Vermont for the skiing, or
the summer activities."

Cheers,

-sth

[1]http://www.sans.org/security-training/network-forensics-1227-mid