Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Our Community Meeting at EDUCAUSE 2010

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:51:16 -0600

Dear Colleagues:

For those of you planning to attend the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference in
Anaheim this month, we invite you to attend our Higher Education
Information Security Council (HEISC) Community Update on Tuesday,
October 12, 3-4 pm PDT. (Please note the new meeting day and time.) This
meeting is open to all and we welcome your participation.

New this year, we're offering an opportunity to participate online for
those who are unable to join us in Anaheim. There is no fee to
participate in this online session. The Adobe Connect meeting room
(http://educause.adobeconnect.com/heisc/) will be open 15 minutes prior
to the session's start time.

During the HEISC open meeting, you will learn more about the council's
initiatives. We will also feature a project to adopt a standardized and
cost-effective approach to evaluate and assess the security of controls
of third-party service providers. (A summary of the Shared Assessments
program is available as a session resource - please see the link below.)

http://www.educause.edu/E2010/Program/MTG19
Meeting Room 211A
3:00 - 4:00 pm PDT

There are almost 50 security, privacy, and identity-related sessions at
EDUCAUSE 2010, as well. View these sessions at
http://tinyurl.com/e10security.

Best wishes and we hope to see you there,
Brian Voss, Dave Swartz, and Larry Conrad
Co-Chairs, Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC)

Note: Please send any questions or comments to
security-council () educause edu.