Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

phishing attack - downloadable results

From: "Gargac. Jeff" <jgargac () MARYVILLE EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:35:15 -0500

We received this phishing email this morning and I wanted to bring it to
your attention.  I filled it in with bogus results and it allows you to
download everyone's responses.  There are quite a few .edu email
addresses in the results, along with their names and passwords.  Just
wanted to bring this to your attention in case you want to monitor for
addresses from your organizations as there are quite a few edu addresses
in the list.  Hopefully, users from your schools have not responded to
this.  Thanks,

Jeff

A Computer Database Maintainance is currently going on our Webmail
Message Center. Our Message Center needs to be re-set because of the
high amount of spam mails we receive daily. A Quarantine Maintainance
will help us prevent this everyday dilemma. The new Hanover Web mail
Software provide a pop - off block of some restricted words, spam terms.

To revalidate your mailbox Please:

http://www.my3q.com/survey/334/upgrade28/54920.phtml

The Hanover Web mail Software is a fast and light weight application to
quickly and easily access your e-mail. Failure to revalidate your
mailbox will render your e-mail in-active from our database.

Thanks

System Administrator