Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Awareness Training for Managers of Decentralized IT Systems

From: jeff murphy <jcmurphy () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:41:00 -0400

The University at Buffalo created an interactive introductory course with non-IT people in mind.

http://hr.buffalo.edu/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=532

jeff

On Jul 9, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Sarazen, Daniel wrote:

Hi All,

We have a large population of decentralized departmental IT systems and typically these are under the direction of
Business Management who have little to no IT background. I’m considering providing the management of decentralized IT
systems within our system with an Information Security Awareness presentation and was wondering if anybody had
prepared anything similar.

I tried something similar in the past, using ISO 27002 controls, but they just sent their IT Administrators and
completely missed my point.

Thanks

<image001.gif>
:: Daniel Sarazen, CISSP, CISA
:: Senior Information Technology Auditor
:: University Internal Audit
:: University of Massachusetts President's Office
:: 774-455-7558
:: 781-724-3377 Cell
:: 774-455-7550 Fax
:: Dsarazen () umassp edu