Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Wireless captive portal

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:37:57 -0400

Jeff Holden wrote:
What free or cheap captive portal software are you guys using for
authenticating students on your wireless networks?  We are currently are
using a moded version of wifidog that auths to our AD server.  It works
fairly well until over 100 users hit it.  We now have over 400 users
hitting it at any given time and it crawls.  WIFI dog looks like a dead
project so I need to move on.  We don't need the fine grain statics wifidog
offers, just something nice and simple to give a splash page, and ties into
AD for authentication.

Jeff Holden, CISSP, RHCE
Manager, Network & Data Security
Mt. San Antonio College

We've been using Netreg for a long, long time on our campus wireless
network.

http://netreg.sourceforge.net/

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-8378
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu