Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

End-user Caused Security Vulnerabilities

From: Eric Case <eric () ERICCASE COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:52:08 -0700

The University of Arizona MIS department is working on a Delphi Study of
security vulnerabilities caused by end-users.  Things like filling passwords
in the rolodex under P or hiring a student to create a web form that emails
the registration information, with credit card data, to the admin associate
so she can enter the CC data on her point-of-sale terminal.  Seriously,
these are real-life examples.  I am not making this stuff up.

Their short survey of two main questions, what examples of end-user caused
security vulnerabilities have you seen and what names would you use to
categorize them, is at
http://atrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3C1uTD0YJ7izb0M.  Please take a few
minutes to share your experience with them.

If you respond here, I will forward the info to them but cannot guarantee
you will get the study results.

-Eric

Eric Case, CISSP

eric (at) ericcase (dot) com