Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSN Scanning

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:15:14 -0400

We are using modified versions of Cornell Spider(3 and 4) - we have 2 versions, one does a silent scan and reports back to a secure server on what it finds, the other is a do-it-yourself version that people use to scan their own machines and fix what they find.

Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel