Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Box Quotas - Quick Survey

From: "Kieper, David" <kieperd () UWGB EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:56:42 -0500

Employees:  1.5 gb, prohibit send at 1.55 gb, prohibit receive at 1.75 gb.  Items emptied from deleted items are
retained for 30 days before actual removal.

Students:  300 mb, prohibit send at 350 mb, prohibit receive at 500 mb.  For students we delete "deleted items" after 7
days.  Items emptied from deleted items stay are retained for 7 days before actual removal.

We do increase quotas on request provided some justification is provided.  Once 5% of the population has requested
higher quotas than the default, we generally look to raise the quota for all.

Regards,

David Kieper
Manager, Network and Infrastructure Services
Information Technology Security Officer
Information Services Division
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay             office: (920) 465-2238
2420 Nicolet Drive                                      fax:    (920) 465-2864
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001   USA                 email:  kieperd () uwgb edu