Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Snort Performance Stats

From: "Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC)" <Nathan-Gibson () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 23:30:29 -0500

All,

Does anyone know of a good tool that can be used to generate graphical outputs of snorts statistics file. I'm not
talking about the "alerts" file but the file used to report snorts overall stats when you enable the:

preprocessor perfmonitor: time 300 file /etc/snort/stats/snort.stats pktcnt 10000

I want to be able to create graphical stats on this file similar to what "snortalog" does for the alerts file.

Thanks in advance.

GIBBY
_____________________________
Nathan J. Gibson, MsIA, CISSP, CISM,CCNA, MCSA
Sr. IT Analyst
Infrastructure Services
The University of Oklahoma HSC
voice: 405.271.2644 x50340
fax:    405.271.2181
Feedback?  Email comments to Shad Steward<mailto:shad-steward () ouhsc edu?subject=Feedback%20for%20Chris%20Duree>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.