Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Multiple users - one PC - best product??

From: Walter Petruska <wpetruska () USFCA EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:13:50 -0700

Try Ncomputing. Great price, simple.

On 3/26/10, SCHALIP, MICHAEL <mschalip () cnm edu> wrote:
Hi folks.....

This is driving me nuts.....I recenly read an article and now I can't find
the article.  It was about a university that was using a new product (I
think it was a PCI card) that allowed them to set up a single "kiosk" PC in
their student "internet cafe" area - but they were able to run several
monitors/keyboards/mice off of that one PC.  It wasn't "virtualization" in
the strictest sense of the word - but it was very slick and we'd like to
test it in one of our lab areas....

Anyone know of such a product?....or read the same article recently??  (I
can't even remember which mag it was.....getting old sucks....)

Thanks,

Michael
--
believed to be clean.