Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Policy Enforcement

From: Jeff Kell <Jeff-Kell () UTC EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:43:12 -0400

In the 80s our Library bought the first available HP "gigabyte special" - three 440Mb HP7933 disc drives - for just
under $100K as I recall.  What went on there?

VTLS of course :-)   And they're still running it (albeit on Oracle / RedHat these days)

Not as fat/square as the old IBM2311 / ISS OEM drive footprint, but pretty big, and no glass top to see the platters.

Jeff