Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI and common access computers

From: Blake Penn <BPenn () TRUSTWAVE COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:36:52 -0500

That sounds spot on.  The key question is whether the system is being used as part of a university business process in
either a merchant or service provider context.  If the answer is yes, then it is likely in scope, if no, then likely
not.

Blake Penn
CISSP, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, QSA
Senior Security Consultant
Trustwave
bpenn () trustwave com
678-777-1277
http://www.trustwave.com

DISCLAIMER: The views represented in this message reflect the opinions of the author alone and do not neccessarily
reflect the opinions of Trustwave.