Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: How to Protect Campus Sensitive Servers

From: schilling <schilling2006 () GMAIL COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:09:38 -0500

We do use ASA, please email you config example related to the group
mapping and routes/ACL assignment, and I might have more question for
you after reading the example snippet.

Thanks,

Shiling

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Di Fabio, Andrea <adifabio () nsu edu> wrote:
Here at NSU we have one VPN group called NSU.  When a user authenticates
against our CISCO ASA, the RADIUS AD Group attributes is used to dynamically
map the user to the appropriate VPN group.  So basically, the client is
configured with one group, but the ASA knows many different groups that are
dynamically mapped based on radius attributes.  Once dynamically mapped to a
VPN group, the user gets specific routed and ACL to access that group
services.

If you are using CISCO, I can shoot you our specific config if that helps.

Andrea Di Fabio
Information Security Officer
High Performance Computing Technology Coordinator
Norfolk State University
Office of Information Technology
Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research, Rm 401F
555 Park Avenue, Suite 401
Norfolk, Virginia 23504
757-823-2896 Office
757-823-2128 Fax