Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: email archive program for exchange

From: Terence Ma <Terence.Ma () TUN TOURO EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:35:44 -0800

We have recently implemented a Barracuda Mail Archiver and have been very pleased with its performance. Last week, we
received a "Litigation Hold" letter from our Legal Department. It took very little time to sort through the Archiver
for all email related to the names of the individuals in the Litigation hold, pull them off, zip/encrypt them, and
forward them to our attorneys.

We have had the product in place for less than 3 months and it has been a wonderful thus far.

We are an Exchange shop, but I don't think it matters as it is in front of the mail server.

Good luck.

--
Terence P. Ma, Ph.D.
Chief Information Officer