Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: High-Volume Portable/External and Encrypted Drives

From: Charlie Prothero <Charlie.Prothero () KEYSTONE EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:29:25 -0500

Wow, I think I would try and talk them into using a terminal server to eliminate moving the datasets. Seagate's website
doesn't seem too healthy at the moment, so I can't pull up the details on this product. However, I can't imagine the
performance being too good on a process that churns though that much data on a portable device. Comparatively, a
terminal server with 15K RPM drives would be quite nice, assuming the data isn't video...