Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Internet Content Caching Devices

From: Peter Charbonneau <Peter.Charbonneau () WILLIAMS EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:04:47 -0500

Good morning,

  I am in the initial stages of looking for content caching devices.
Our purpose for this device would be to reduce bandwidth in order to
(theoretically) increase bandwidth availability for business use/
applications.

  We do not block P2P at the present time, so there is some concern
that the appliance might cache copyrighted content.

  Is there an Educause white paper on this already?  Has the
community determined that they are all junk and not worth the money?

  Feel free to contact me on or off list

Thank you, and happy holidays ...

PeteC

Peter Charbonneau