Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: research data security

From: Steve Brukbacher <sab2 () UWM EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:19:51 -0600

Thanks for the reply.  I recently had an RFI out for a GRC product.
Didn't get anything from Archer unfortunately.

Our vision is to purchase a HIPAA module for a GRC product, similar to
what you are talking about.

So what do you get for your subscription to HI Trust?

Conceptually, my goal has been to do what you are talking about.
Funding it is turning out to be another matter entirely, but it is very
comforting to hear that this is working for someone else.

--
Steve Brukbacher, CISSP
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee

Chris Kidd wrote:
Steve,

We are embarking on a similar effort with the IRB, but are also pulling in the Office of Sponsored Projects. We're
using the HI Trust Alliance Common Security Framework (anyone else using that?) with Archer. Our initial thoughts are
that the inherent/residual risk questionnaires would become a part of the research and grant application processes.

Let me know what you come up with.

Chris

Chris Kidd
Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer
The University of Utah
650 Komas Drive, Suite 102
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Office: 801.587.9241