Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

E-Commerce with distance ed

From: "Plesco, Todd" <tplesco () CHAPMAN EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:00:15 -0700

We are a Datatel shop but thus far have avoided the built-in e-commerce functionality.  We're in discovery mode for the
optimal solution.  From the security perspective, I'm curious if anyone in this group is using Datatel with e-commerce
functionality?

What configurations, mistakes, successes have you experienced with online enrollment/payment systems?  Which works best
for you?

P.S.  Is anyone going to Denver next week?  Interested in an informal meet/greet?

Todd A. Plesco  CISM, CBCP
Chapman University, Director of Information Security
One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866
Phone: (714) 744-7979/Fax: (714) 744-7041