Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: centralized storage of sensitive data

From: reflect ocean <reflect.ocean () GMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:54:44 -0500

Great resource.I'll check it out.I'm starting to evaluate consequence
of deploying these controls.Is a centralized storage of sensitive
information (such faculty information,exam papers,alumni
information,etc.) a practice you would recommend or maybe a
descentralized is a better approach?
Maybe I'm starting to rambling but checking it out and considering
some reading I've been doing about Information Security System
deployment,i have a question:At what part of this deployment should i
be doing Business Continuity Plan?
My understanding is that this plan should come once SGSI is implemented.
Thanks

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Theresa