Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blackboard security vulnerability

From: Patrick Ouellette <ouellep () ALGONQUINCOLLEGE COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:05:25 -0400

There are DEFINITELY exploits in the wild - we've had a few problems over the years, but the patching from BB does tend
to be version & feature specific.
In other words, it may or may not apply to YOUR particular installation of BB, and that's not always clear.

The college here typically doesn't apply fixes as they emerge, due to business process requirements - can't have the
system down for too long, when it's in use 24/7 365 days a year.