Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: web application firewalls

From: "Pratt, Benjamin E." <bepratt () STCLOUDSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:38:57 -0500

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Mark
Reboli
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:49 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] web application firewalls

Is anyone running a web application firewall that would share which one and from your prospective how well it is
working for you.

Thank you

Mark Reboli
Network/Telcom/IT Security Manager
Misericordia University
(570)674-6753

--

Hello Mark -

We are running the Citrix Application Firewall. It is working very well for us in our environment (mostly IIS with some
Apache on a few dozen web servers). I, along with one of my colleagues, gave a beginner level presentation on WAFs at
the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference earlier this year that may be able to provide some info
(http://www.educause.edu/Resources/WebApplicationFirewallsatSCSUW/170458). If you have any specific questions don't
hesitate to ask.

Good luck,

Ben